Sunday, November 26, 2006

War...What is it good for?

With this question, my response is 'absolutely nothing'. Why do we need war? Especially this war? Some of you might disagree with me at first, but at the end you might start seeing what I am seeing. You see, I listened to this sermon today, and it totally changed my way of thinking. I didn't like the war we are in, but if you asked me why, I would have probably said it's stupid before I heard the sermon. Now, I can totally give you a correct and honest answer. I know more of why I think this war, we are in now, is stupid. I can tell you why not only this war, but most wars are stupid and not from God. One verse in the bible struck me in this guy's sermon, and now I am totally against wars unless they absolutely have to happen like saving the jews from the Nazis. Here is the verse that struck me:

Mathew 5:43-45 says, "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies[b] and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Love your enemies? Love your enemies? Does this mean that we bomb them? Does it mean that we go into their houses and destroy their families? NO!!!! Love your enemies means praying for them, trying to help them as much as we can, etc. What is love? Ask yourself that. What is love? Do good to them. You know two wrongs doesn't make a right. Here's another verse I would like to give:

Luke 6:27-32 says, " 27"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31Do to others as you would have them do to you. 32"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. 33And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that."

I know this is a lot to take in with these verses, but it makes a good point. What do you do to enemies? You love them, you do good to them, you bless them, you pray for them...This doesn't mean blow their heads off. This doesn't mean destroy their families. We must love the sinners, we must love our enemies, we must love the people who we are against...

These verses that I just read, who said it? Truely, who said "love your enemies", who said, "pray for those who mistreat you"? It was Jesus who said it. And I can tell you, Jesus does not like this war we are in now. He doesn't like many of the wars that have happened. I can tell He doesn't because of reading the bible. Read the whole new testament. Read it all. I know there's more that backs up what I am saying.

Remember this, two wrongs don't make a right. Also God doesn't believe in revenge. Somewhere in the bible, it says something about it. Sorry, I can't seem to find them right now, but this gives you the opportunity to do some bible studying. Before you respond to my blog, do some bible studying. Tell me why you agree or disagree with what I am saying. I would love to hear it.

God Bless you all, and remember the golden rule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home