Saturday, November 04, 2006

Feminism

Many people, who go to church, believe that women are below men. Women and men are not created equal. I believe this is one reason why people are turned off on going to church. I am a Christian, and it is hard for me to go to church because I have to listen about submitting to my own husband. Any church I attend, I have some woman come up to me to tell me that I must submit even if they don't know me (they don't know if I submit or not). They are so gunho on submission. What is submission by the way? Many women believe that submission is obeying their own husbands. Others believe that men are the household. I don't believe in this. I am sorry, but I totally disagree. Some of you might not like what I am saying, but I believe men and women are created equal. God doesn't have gender favorites (i.e. God loves men more than women). Okay, so you might be wondering what about in the bible. The bible says that women must submit to their own husbands. Yes, the bible does say that, and the bible is correct. HOWEVER, we must interprete the meaning. What is the meaning of this? What I believe the meaning is, is that women must respect their husbands. They must listen to them. They must be understanding and caring. By the way, this goes both ways as well. This doesn't mean we must obey them, or they are the men of the household. So why did God say that women would be beneath men as it says in Genesis 3:16? It says that women were going to be ruled by them. What I believe this was actually saying is that men were going to rule women, and this is what is going to happen to them. God didn't say do this. He said this is what is going to happen in the future. Now, I know there are going to be arguments about this, but I want to say that God is not a sexist. God is equal. I believe God believes in equality. Men and women are equal, and God doesn't have any gender favorites.

I would love to hear about your comments on this. I would also like to hear about stories you might have that involves equality, any concerns you might have about this subject, any agrument or agreements you have, etc. Please write what is on your mind about this subject. Thanks.

BTW, this is my first time blogging, so I hope I did a good job on this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spiritbear said...

This is great. So many Churches teach that women must submit. Women leave and go to religions that are more tolerant such as wicca. I wish we could change peoples minds and spread the truth that God is not sexist.

Awesome Blog

12:05 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Ok, here's my take. I put up a blog about it a week or so ago. I beleive that in the beginning he created us in his image. It says so in Genesis. We both have equality in being made in God's image. But after the fall there was male/female resentment. We began to use our new powers of discernment to judge one another and this put us into our respective corners. Men being physically stronger, won the day at that time. But with Jesus, we should be restored to our pre-fall state. We should be equal as we were in the beginning and free as we were before we fell. There is more on my blog about it...I think it was called men and women or something like that.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home